The MTC combines volume level control, source switching and loudspeaker management for stereo monitoring with comfortable talkback and cue mixing functions. A fully analog design dispenses with VCAs, DACs, etc., providing loss-free signal processing. The I/O section includes six rear-panel stereo inputs (four balanced, two unbalanced sources), balanced XLR outputs for three loudspeaker pairs and a slave output.
The organizational focus that such essential services bring, coupled with an extraordinary tonal quality, makes possible an unrivaled convenience in DAW-based monitor management – in all areas of stereo audio production from recording studios over movie and video post production to game/multimedia production.
Who needs analog level control?
Simply put—most DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) users. A majority of D/A converters and sound cards provide nothing in the way of analog level monitoring control, and this means the necessity of varying signal levels at the converter outputs. The result is a lowered bit rate in the monitoring signal, which can lead to commensurate loss of audio quality.
Electronic controls employ VCA and DAC components which tend to produce more distortions, or the signal runs through further AD/DA converters for the volume control. Thus especially with high resolution audio (24/96kHz, SACD, DVD-A ...), only a high-quality analog, direct control of the source output ensures an unimpaired playback of the original information.
- A fully discrete, analog design dispenses with VCAs, DACs, etc., providing loss-free signal processing
- Six rear-panel stereo inputs (four balanced and two unbalanced sources), balanced XLR outputs for three loudspeaker pairs, slave output
- Monitoring: source and loudspeaker selection, mono, dim, mute, switchable headphone output
- Talkback: built in microphone, separate output, footswitch input
- Cue-Mix: separate output, musician level, mix level and volume controls
- SPL‘s custom-made balancing stages for the MTC‘s I/O architecture ensure extended frequency range up to 100 kHz, exceptional dynamic spectrum and excellent common mode rejection
- The rugged and ergonomic desktop enclosure with slanted front panel harmonizes perfectly with the desktop production environment
- Musician input (TRS bal.)
- Mix input (TRS bal.)
- 2-Track A to D (2 x TRS bal., 2 x RCA)
Frequency Range: 10 Hz - 100 kHz (+/- 3 dB)
Input Impedance balanced via TRS: 50 kOhm/unbalanced via RCA: › 10 kOhm
Output Impedance balanced via RCA: ‹600 Ohm
THD + N: 0,006 %
Noise (A-weighted): › 80 dBu
Overload Resistance: +22 dBu
Dynamic Range: 110 dB CMRR: › 70 dBu
Phase: -20°@20 kHz
Crosstalk L-R: › -70 dB@1 kHz/0 dBu
Dimensions: H x B x T (mm): 91 x 272 x 220
Weight 2,3 kg